Monday, December 28, 2009

The Long Onerous Misery of Winter

I enter the long, arduous winter minus a motorcycle and plus a million ideas for the one I've retained.

Yes, the sad $300 motorcycle (aka '82 Seca 650) has been sold. I got it to run, briefly, and was on my way to restoring the bike but I found myself burdened with schoolwork and too many other things so I sold the most expendable project I had: the Seca. All it was doing was sitting anyway. I liked that bike and was sad to see it go but I had no time to work on it and all it was doing was taking up space and making me spend money on it.

With my new-found funds, I did the mature, responsible thing and bought stuff for my Bonneville. I first picked up a set of EPCO stainless steel mufflers (or silencers, since the Bonnie is British) and I also chucked my intake snorkel. I've wanted to do this for a while now but I was either putting money into the Seca or the Corvette and wasn't able to put money into the Bonnie as well.

I haven't been able to ride the Bonnie with my new pipes on it because of weather but it did sound good in my garage and I get to play with more carbs.

Santa brought me a Triumph accessory chrome chain guard (and a sweet Sunday gold Mario Lemieux jersey) to brighten up the rear. And, since my Bonnie is an early production '08, I've ordered the classic garden-gate badge kit to rid my gas tank of those horrid chrome plastic montrosities. If I had to pick one thing I dislike about the '08 and up Triumph Modern Classics, it would be those god-awful badges. Nothing says "we're cutting corners" like a fake, chromed plastic badge. I hate 'em!

I'm not going to go crazy and ruin my Bonneville, I just to make mine. I guess, you could say, I just want to go my own way...

No comments:

Post a Comment