Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ducati Updates - Part Deux

Since I picked up my Ducati's cylinder head this weekend, I thought I'd share some pics of it with my non-existent readers.

Right; let's start the show:

As you can see, the head was cleaned and sandblasted.  New guides, valves and seats were also fitted to the head.  The spark plug hole was cleaned and Heli-coiled because only half of the old threads remained.

Here's the new guide on the exhaust side...

...And here is the new guide on the intake side.

Here you can see the other ends of the new guides and the new valve seats.  They look fantastic.

Here's the newly-repaired spark plug hole.

Here are the new valves.  The one on the left is the intake and it's 36mm while the one on the right is the exhaust and it's 33mm.

Here are the old valves and the old guides.  The rockers were hitting the old valves on an angle, wiping out the guides. 

The old valves were quite a bit longer than the new valves, as evidenced here:


And here:

The height differences were remedied with lash caps, which are little hardened caps that fit over the tops of the valves, making up the differences in height.

I think the head turned out wonderfully.  I'm happy with the work and I'd like to give a big thank you to Dave at Dutchman Racing who did the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment