Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Barber Vintage Festival

This past weekend, I headed down to Birmingham, AL to take in the Barber Vintage Festival.  I'm just now coming down from the sensory overload.

From the facilities to the bikes to the museum, Barber was a fantastic event.  I saw more bikes that I've wanted to ride or own this weekend than I've ever seen in one place.  I will definitely be going back and I recommend that you go, too.  Everything is top notch and the Southern hospitality can't be beat.

I'm going to break my usual format and skip the long-winded rambling.  Instead, I'm going to post some pics I took.  Thanks to digital photography, I was able to take a boatload of pictures and not waste any film. 

Anyway, here is but a sample:














 
 












And, of course, I found Rosie.  She could quite possibly be the most famous new Bonneville ever:



On a side note, I'd once again like to thank Mark and Maxine Downing for their hospitality.  I enjoyed meeting everyone and I look forward to doing it again.

1 comment:

  1. We are so very happy you came and hung out with us crusty old people! It would have certainly been a huge step for me to fly some 800 miles by myself to hang out with folks I'd never met before.. except on the internet. But that comment is coming from someone who met her husband on match.com. Hey, who said the internet is all bad?

    Adam, your pics are fantastic and true eye candy! We hope you do make it down next year. The guys have already started planning, as you know! Maybe we don't have to wait until then... maybe a RAT Raid somewhere inbetween?

    ReplyDelete