Sunday, January 4, 2009

The most elegant motorcycle?


Is it just me or is the Moto Guzzi California Vintage the most elegantly styled motorcycle on the market today? Everything about it shouts graceful simplicity. It is a nice break from the over-styled tough guy image that most cruisers project.

The California blends a nice mixture of black painted parts and chrome. The white pinstripes break up the black on the gas tank and the saddlebags and add a bit of contrast to a mostly black bike. Details abound on this machine. The steel fenders and the spoked wheels scream retro bike, so does the trim around the hard bags and the luggage rack. Also, leave it up to the Italians to design the worlds most gorgeous seat. The two tone black and white seat is just stunning. Chrome is sprinkled around the bike with an artists restraint, adding elegance to dull areas without making the bike gaudy. The pendulum shaped piece between the gauges adds great detail and honestly I see myself staring at that piece and not on the road.

So yes, I absolutely love looking at this machine and would definitely call it living room worthy. Imagine that, decor you can ride! Try doing that with a curio or a bookcase. The only thing that bothers me is the windscreen. I know they block some of the wind and make touring easier but they look so out of place. The windscreen and the foglights scream CHiPS. Well, if the guys at Moto Guzzi are reading this(sure...), e-mail me and I'll tell you where to drop mine off. I'm thinking long term test...









On a related motorcycle note, Terminator 2 is on. Whoever the guy is that rode the KZ1000 police bike up the staircase is insane.







No comments:

Post a Comment